Theatre des Martyrs
Rue Neuve 53-55,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Theatre des Martyrs (Official)
Functions: Live Theatre
Previous Names: Regent Cinema, Roxy Cinema, L'Etoile Cinema & Studio, Midi-Minuit Cinema
Opened in 1913 as the Regent Cinema in the centre of Brussels. In the 1930’s it was re-named Roxy Cinema and in 1950 the film "The Third Man" was played three times a day for 3 months.
In 1954 it was rebuilt and called L'Etoile Cinema. On 4th May 1958 Charlton Heston in “The Ten Commandments” began a 9-month run when ended in February 1959. In the 1970’s it become a duplex named L'Etoile Cinema and Studio. In the early-1980’s it became Midi-Minuit Cinema and specialized in X-Rated adult movies. It was closed in 1984 following a fire and the building was partially demolished. One of the auditoriums was converted into a small live theatre named Theatre des Martyrs which has its entrance on Place des Martyrs, which was originally an exit for the Midi-Minuit Cinema. The remainder of the site became a retail shop.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.