2646 N. Milwaukee Avenue,
14 people favorited this theater
Logan Theatre (Official)
Architects: Walter W. Ahlschlager
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: Paramount Theatre
News About This Theater
- Feb 2, 2013 — Trashy film fest at the Logan
- Mar 20, 2012 — Neighborhood theaters vs. neighborhood movies
- Aug 23, 2011 — Owner of the Logan Theatre on the venue’s impending re-do
Located in the heart of the Logan Square neighborhood. The Paramount Theatre opened on November 23, 1915 with Douglas Fairbanks in “The Lamb” & Charles Murray in “A Game Old Knight”. It was operated by the Lubliner & Trinz circuit. It had seating for 988 in orchestra level and was equipped with a Weickhardt organ. In 1929 it was taken over by Essaness and renamed Logan Theatre.
The Logan Theatre was converted into a four-screen, independently-run multiplex seating a total of about 975. It screens second-run commercial features.
It was closed in fall of 2011 for renovations to be carried out. It reopened March 17, 2012, the theatre now has comfortable new seating for 595, enhanced sound system, new screens and digital projectors, expanded and remodeled concession and café area, Art Deco style details, a new bar & lounge and offering great prices for mid-run movies, independent films and local film festivals.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.