4th Street Theatre
110 N. 4th Street,
4 people favorited this theater
Fourth Street Theatre (Official)
Firms: Boller Brothers
Previous Names: Fox 4th Street Theatre, Cinema
Built in 1913, the 4th Street Theatre opened on February 9, 1914 as a 1,000-seat vaudeville and movie house. The beautiful theatre was elaborately decorated with much gold leaf, rich in coloring and velour curtains. It had rich mahogany swinging doors, wainscoting of white marble, ornate terra cotta trimmings in beautiful colors. Alterations were carried out in March 1924 by architect Carl Boller of the Boller Brothers architectural firm, and the theatre reopened on April 25, 1924. Alterations included the enlargement of the balcony. Last operated by B & B Theatres, they had renamed it Cinema, and they closed the 4th Street Theatre in March 1997.
Most of the terra cotta is intact and is being restored. It had a free-standing ticket booth in the entrance way which will be restored. The stage, dressing rooms and orchestra pit are still there.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.