Town Hall Theater
5428 Shady Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Town Hall Theater, Lowville (Official)
Firms: Leon H. Lempert & Son
Functions: Movies (Family)
News About This Theater
- Sep 17, 2010 — Charging ahead in Lowville
The Town Hall Theater was originally an opera house, a USO club and a silent movie house that opened on May 6, 1926. In 1949 the building was purchased by motion picture pioneer Earnest J. Wolf after his Bijou Theater in town burned to the ground.
Earnest hired a well known architect Michael De Angelis of Rochester to design the theater remodeling. The interior was designed and painted by the famous Oscar Gias of New York City. Anselm Cannan of Lowville was in charge of the construction work. It was heralded as the most outstanding and beautiful theater in Northern New York. Nick and Rena Giannocous purchased the theater from the Wolf family in 1957. The O'Brien family purchased from Nick and Rena in September of 1990.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.