Place Eugene Flagey,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Styles: Streamline Moderne
Previous Names: Marni Cinema
This was the beloved theatre in Ixelles district. Opened by Joseph Wecks on 18th November 1948 with Jon Hall in “The Prince of Thieves”. It had a great capacity of nearly 1,800 seats. It showed commercial success and blockbusters to name a few “The Third Man” in 1950 with the ABC Cinema, Porte de Namur, “From Here To Eternity” with the Acropole Cinema, “The Ten Commandments” with Le Roy Cinema, “El Cid” also with Le Roy Cinema, “The Longest Day” with Pathe Palace Cinema, “Rio Conchos” the same week as Kinox Cinema in Molenbeek, and the greatest successs of the 1960’s “La Grande Vadrouille” with Cineace Centre.
By the end of the decade it showed first run movies like “Once Upon a Time in the West” with the Eldorado Cinema. In the 1970’s it was renovated to show live shows with movies half time like Johnny Hallyday and others appearing on stage. In 1974 American jazz band leader Duke Ellington gave one of his last concert’s at the Marni Cinema. It closed that year and became a bank agency.
The auditorium has been revived in Theatre Marni for concert and theatre, the entrance is now in the Rue Vergnies, which was originally an exit.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.