Higher Eanam and Dock Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Hutchinson Cinemas
Previous Names: Alexandra Hall, Alexandra Picture Theatre
Located at the junction with Higher Eanam and Dock Street. The Alexandra Hall was converted into a cinema, opening around March 1909. By the late-1920’s it had been re-named Alexandra Picture Theatre. It had a 28 feet wide proscenium.
The Alexandra Cinema was closed in the early-1960’s, and was converted into a bingo club. It was later taken over by the Unit 4 group of cinemas, and re-opened as a cinema screening Bollywood type films to the Asian community. This closed closed in 1962 and it became a bingo club once again. It later became a bedding warehouse for Prestige Super Beds, and by 1995 this too had closed. The empty building was set on fire by vandals in May 1998.
The building has since been demolished for road widening of Higher Eanam.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.