CineArts 5 at Pleasant Hill
2314 Monument Boulevard,
13 people favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Century Theatres
Architects: Vincent G. Raney
Previous Names: Century 21, Century 5
- Century 16 Pleasant Hill
- Pleasant Hill Motor Movies
- SunValley Cinema I & II
- Hillcrest Theatre
- Fox Concord Theatre
News About This Theater
- Feb 22, 2014 — The 'dome' remembered
- Apr 15, 2013 — Fans of Pleasant Hill's 'dome' movie theater file appeal to stop demolition
- Mar 16, 2013 — Film buffs try to save Pleasant Hill's 'dome' movie theater
- Dec 9, 2012 — Pleasant Hill's domed theater may soon be history
- Jun 18, 2010 — "Jaws"... Happy 35th!
- May 14, 2010 — Please Post Today, May 14 --- "Jaws," Happy 35th
- Oct 15, 2009 — The Contra Costa International Jewish Film Festival
- Dec 21, 2007 — Update: One of the few Dimension 150 Theaters left.....
- Apr 26, 2004 — New Effort To Preserve The Dome
- Nov 24, 2003 — Pleasant Hill Officials Say Dome Is Out With The Old
Built in 1966 with a giant curved screen, this Dimension-150 theater was opened as the Century 21 on February 21, 1967. It expanded to a five screen multiplex in December 25, 1973.
Although the original domed auditorium is still intact, the screen has been changed to a standard flat replacement. The CineArts showed primarily art house films and is one of a dwindling number of domed movie houses in the country. It was closed on April 21, 2013 and was demolished at the beginning of May 2013.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.