Calz Independencia Sur 28,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Architects: Carlos Crombe
Located on the corner of Calz Independencia and Calle Alvaro Obregon. The 2,800-seat Teatro Alameda opened as a cinema on 5th May 1942 with Henry Fonda & Joan Bennett in “Wild Geese Calling”(Vidas sin Rumbo). It was designed by architect Carlos Crombie in an Art Deco style on its exterior, with the interior in a Spanish Colonial/Atmospheric style. In February 1952 it suffered damage from a fire and the interior was reconstructed, reopening on 8th October 1952 with David Waynes & Jean Peters in “Wait Till the Sun Shines, Nellie”(Cabalgata de Pasiones). It was closed in the mid-1980’s.
The Teatro Alamdeda remained vacant for 20 years and was demolished (apart from the Art Deco style façade) in 2006. A shopping mall, which also contains the 6-screen Cinepolis Alameda multiplex cinema, was built on the site (which has its own page on Cinema Treasures).
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.