17 Tan Bank,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Granada Theatres Ltd.
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: Grand Theatre
Located in Wellington, Shropshire. The Grand Theatre was set back from the road, up two sets of steps. Originally a live theatre with 986 seats, the auditorium was rebuilt in 1938 in an Art Deco style with seating for 800, all on a single level.
It was modernised in 1968. The Grand Cinema was taken over by the Granada Theatres chain on 17th March 1975. They closed the Grand Cinema on 25th October 1975 and it was converted into a Granada Bingo Club from 22nd April 1976.
Later becoming a Zetters Bingo Club it was closed and became a furniture store which was later destroyed by a fire. The remains of the building were demolished around 1997. The modified steps with the original flanking walls remain, and on the site of the Grand Cinema was built Pussycats Nightclub.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.