21 Market Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Architects: G.C. Gadd
Previous Names: New Court Theatre
Located in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, at the corner of Church Street and Market Street. The New Court Theatre was opened around 1910. It was reconstructed to the plans of architect G.C. Gadd in 1930, re-opening on 2nd August 1931 as the Plaza Cinema. The side-walls of the auditorium had painted panels showing rural scenes. Equipped with a Western Electric(WE) sound system, it had a 31 feet wide proscenium and a 23 feet deep stage.
Taken over by S.M Super Cinemas Ltd. in 1947, it became part of the Essoldo chain on 26th August 1954. By 1964 it was operating as a part-time cinema/bingo operation, and was taken over on a lease by an independent operator in April 1971. It closed as a cinema in July 1974. It re-opened as a full-time Essoldo Bingo Club on 18th November 1974, taking over from the towns' Regal Cinema. This closed in the late-1980’s, and the Plaza Cinema was demolished in 1990.
An Asda supermarket has been built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.