Grange Road and Burns Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Kino Theatre, Regal Theatre
Located in Jarrow, Tyne & Wear. The old wash houses at the corner of Grange Road and Burns Street were converted into the Kino Theatre in 1908. It was closed in March 1910 and was partially rebuilt to the plans of architects Harry Barnes and Charles F. Burton and reopened as the 1,200-seat New Kino Theatre on 1st August 1910 operated by Dixon Scott. The Kino Theatre was equipped with Western Electric(WE) sound system in 1929 and was re-named Regal Theatre. It was operated by Jarrow Kino Ltd.
The Regal Theatre was closed and reopened as the Crown Bingo Club on 14th August 1961. It was taken over by the Noble Entertainment group in May 1972, and was re-named Crown Cinema. It was closed on 7th March 1981 with Dan Haggerty in “Spirit of the Wild”(The Adventures of Frontier Fremont) and “Savanna Balance”. It reverted back to Crown Bingo Club. The building was eventually demolished.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.