Court Square Theater
11 Elm Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Previously operated by: E.M. Loew's Theaters Inc.
Architects: John Bailey McElfatrick
Firms: J. B. McElfatrick and Sons
Previous Names: Gilmore's Court Square, E.M. Loew's Court Square
The Court Square Theater opened on September 21, 1892 and was closed/demolished in 1956. Located at Court Square directly across from City Hall, this ornate palace presented live theater-movie combos right up to its closing in 1956. For a brief period of time under the management of E.M. Loew’s Theatres, it exhibited grade B movies without live stage shows.
The building directly in front opened as a hotel in 1891. Later converted to offices, it now has been renovated back to an exclusive hotel scheduled to open simultaneously with the new convention center. Directly behind, where the theater once stood, is a parking lot. Interestingly, to gain access to the parking lot, one must drive through what was once the Court Square’s lobby.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.