Cinema IV

1803 W. 7th Avenue,
Corsicana, TX 75110

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 4 comments

dallasmovietheaters
dallasmovietheaters on January 3, 2022 at 6:55 pm

Jerry Lewis Cinema opened here with “Pinocchio” and “The Last Picture Show” on June 16, 1972. The parent company would go into full-fledged financial dysfunction declaring bankruptcy. This location was taken on by Showtime Theatres renaming it as the Corsicana Twin Cinema on June 7, 1973. Showtime then closed the location on September 3, 1974.

On January 17, 1975, it was taken over by Jimmy Duncan’s Cineplex Theatres which had a grand reopening renaming it as the Cineplex Cinema 1 & 2 with “Man with the Golden Gun” and “Lt. Robin Crusoe, U.S.N.” which ran the venue into the 1980s. In March of 1989, Cinemark took on the venue. It closed at the end of a second 20-year leasing expiry and was replaced by a house of worship.

50sSNIPES
50sSNIPES on October 22, 2021 at 2:50 pm

Jerry Lewis Operated The Twin For Only A Year Starting With Its Grand Opening On June 16, 1972 (With A Reissue Of Walt Disney’s “Pinocchio” At Screen 1 And “The Last Picture Show” At Screen 2. Prior To Its Opening A Day Earlier, A Free Children’s Matinee Of The Little Ark Open House With Free Cokes Was Taken Place There) Until Taken Over By Showtime Theatres In May 1973, Renaming As The “Corsicana Twin Cinema”.

Chris1982
Chris1982 on August 16, 2014 at 10:04 pm

Opened on June 16, 1972, Cinemark Theatres took over operation of this theater on March 17, 1989. The Previous name was Jerry Louis Cinemsa.