Cameo Theatre

56 W. Main Street,
American Fork, UT 84003

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 2 comments

Texas2step on April 3, 2019 at 7:15 pm

This one was previously known as the Realart Theatre. The Realart was remodeled and opened as the Cameo Theatre on July 21, 1926.

Chris1982 on September 9, 2014 at 10:56 am

An Article from the Daily Herald 11 November 1976, Page 18 AMERICAN FORK — Mr. and Mrs. DeLoy Sallenback have purchased the Coral Theater from the Miller Theatre Corporation.

DeLoy and Bev Sallenback and their family of five children are from Canada, where DeLoy practiced law for many years.

Sale of the Coral Theater ends half-a-century of the Miller family theater business in this part of the county.

The Coral theater is the last of four theaters that have been operated by the family in American Fork, Lehi and Pleasant Grove.

John H. Miller purchased the local theater in American Fork in 1926, remodeled it and changed the name to the Cameo. He afterward acquired the Royal Theater in Lehi, and the Grove Theater in Pleasant Grove. In 1950 Mr. Miller opened a new theater in American Fork and named it the Coral in honor of his wife, Cora.

Site of the Cameo is now occupied by the Christensen Department Store.

After Mr. Miller’s death, his son Clifford became manager until 1975. A son-in-law, Helmut Reimschissel has been manager until the recent sale.