23 Boulevard de Clichy,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Firms: Montaut & Gorska
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: American Theatre, American Cinema
Located in the Montmartre district in the north of central Paris. The American Theatre was opened on 24th May 1909 as a café/restaurant/music hall. In September 1910 it was altered and re-opened as a cinema on 9th February 1911, renamed American Cinema. In June 1913 a balcony was added to the plans of architect Marcel Oudin and the seating capacity was now 1,036, with 650 in the orchestra and 386 in the balcony. The projection both was at the rear of the auditorium, under the balcony. It was still operating as American Cinema in 1946. It was remodelled to the plans of architects Pierre de Montaut & Adrienne Gorska and reopened on February 14, 1947 as the Cinema Lynx with “La Poison”. It was closed on 30th April 1970.
The building has become Sexodrome Love Store, an adult supermarket, which has a new façade.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.