90 Pine Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Priscilla Theatre, Paris Theatre, Belview Theatre
The Priscilla Theatre in Lewiston-Auburn opened on May 26, 1919 with Fanny Ward in “Common Clay & "By Indian Post”. It had been converted from a former church building. It featured films and occasional local live performances. By 1941 it was operated by Paramount Pictures through their subsidiary John Ford.
It was taken over by Maine & New Hampshire Theatres. It closed on August 6, 1954, but reopened on November 22, 1957 still named Priscilla Theatre, with Alan Ladd in “The McConnell Story” & Clayton Moore in “The Lone Ranger”. On March 22, 1968 it was taken over by Esquire Theatres of America and renamed Paris Theatre, reopening with Dustin Hoffan in “The Graduate”. It later became the Belview Theatre (later, the Parkview Theatre), closing for good around 1984. By 1988, the building had been altered inside and converted into apartments.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.