No one has favorited this theater yet
In the suburbs to the south east of Prague city centre, this cinema was built in 1921. It appears to have been rebuilt in 1932. It might have acquired the name Vzlet at that time, as it was one of three owned and operated by an association of pilots, all of which had appropriate names: Vzlet (“Take off”), Aero (“Aeroplane”) and Pilotu (“Pilot”).
Kino Vzlet operated until the mid-1970s. After the coup in 1989, the building was acquired by the City of Prague. In 2007, it was leased to architect and stage designer Michael Klang, who undertook to reconstruct it into a cultural centre in exchange for 15 years of free rent.
The work took place between 2007 and 2009, but it is unclear whether the building actually re-opened. At the end of 2012, Mr. Klang resigned from the lease and the building returned to the city’s administration. Legal action is apparently being taken against Mr. Klang for not undertaking the works as agreed; meanwhile, the building remains closed.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.