La Jade Cinema
125 East Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Firms: Barnes & Anderson
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: Miller Theatre
Opened in 1936 by the Miller family and known at that time as the Miller Theatre. It was located in the miidle of the block in the busy Festus downtown, the theatre was always a big draw. It was far enough out of St. Louis that it could get the first run movies at the same time as the movie palaces in St. Louis or a week later. The Miller family took pride in their theatre and it was kept in tip top shape. It always maintained its small time atmosphere.
When Mr Miller passed away in 1974 the theatre was sold and got a complete face life both inside and outside. With a new facade and new marquee. It continued to be successful until Mid America Theatre build a twin cinema just blocks away in Crystal City.
The theatre closed briefly in 1999 and was reopened in 2000 and closed again in 2002. It is now home to a church.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.