Phoenix Theatre
717 12th Street,
Lawrenceville,
IL
62439
No one has favorited this theater yet
Additional Info
Nearby Theaters
The Phoenix Theatre was a silent movie house on the Southwest corner of the Lawrenceville Square that operated just over ten years. J.C. Pinkerton moved his Bijou Theatre equipment to the A.M. Gee Block in April of 1917. He opened as The Phoenix Theatre on Twelfth Street. His Bijou Theatre was almost destroyed in an October 2, 1916 blaze - so Pinkerton felt his business was saved and rose from the ashes - thus the new venue was dubbed the Phoenix.
Seating was 375 on the main floor and 75 in the balcony for a total of 450. Last minute side fire exits pleased the fire marshal and it opened just five days late on April 9, 1917.
Pinkerton closed the Phoenix Theatre the end of his ten-year lease in 1927. George W. Burlison took on the still silent house on February 5, 1928. The theatre closed within a month. The last event, a live show, took place March 12, 1928.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.