1810 26th Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Architects: Don W. Smith
Styles: Streamline Moderne
Previous Names: Cozy Theater
Opened as the Cozy Theater by 1917. By 1921 it had been renamed Ritz Theatre. It was renovated in 1950. It closed as a movie theatre in 1970. It was abandoned and became an empty shell.
It was donated to a community theatre group and has been recently restored, but the vertical portion of the marquee has lit plastic panels instead of neon. This appears to have been done during the 1960’s. The marquee is very odd looking. Both vertical and horizontal portions are polished metal, with very minimal red striping. The vertical portion leans away from the building and features a pole with a large neon trimmed mace on top. Building itself is a quite basic light green concrete structure with dark green tile at street level. Movies became part of the programing for a while, but it now presents live theatre and plays.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.