545 W. Main Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Architects: Louis Magaziner
News About This Theater
- Feb 25, 2005 — Old Movie Houses Exhibition in Lansdale, PA
The Landsdale Theater was located on Main Street in Lansdale. It was opened in December 1922, but suffered heavy damage in an early-January 1923 fire. It reopened later in 1923. On March 5, 1928 a United States 3 manual 14 ranks pipe organ was installed. In 1945 the organ was removed to a Baptist Church in Phoenixville, PA. Since 1981 it has been installed in the Sunnybrook Ballroom, Pottstown, PA.
The Landsdale Theater was closed sometime in the late 1970’s. The entire block was torn down at that time to make way for a new bank, which closed about 10 years later and the building now has an insurance company at one end and an art gallery at the other - the art gallery portion of the building sitting approximately where the theater entrance was.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.