Davis Road and O'Rahilly Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Ward-Anderson
Architects: A.O.M. Lovell
Previous Names: Clonmel Theatre
Built on the site of John Magner’s Theatre at the Mall, which opened in 1913 and was destroyed by fire in 1919. It was rebuilt as the Clonmel Theatre, opening on 28th March 1921 with over 1,000 seats. Around 1930 it was equipped with a Western Electric(WE) sound system. In 1968 it was sold to Ward-Anderson they closed it on 22nd December 1968 with Clint Eastwood in “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly”. It was eventually re-named Regal Theatre and was tripled in January 1988. It was closed in 2001, as the owner was unable to either sell or lease the theatre.
The shuttered 850-seat theatre was valued at Euro900,000 but could be sold for over Euro 1million.
A group in Clonmel, Ireland was formed to save the city’s Regal Theatre. Residents tried to urge the city to buy the theatre and re-open it as a performing arts center. Sadly, this was not to be, and it has been converted into retail use.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.