217 West Center Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Marion Family Theatre, Orpheum Theatre, Sun Theatre, Family Theatre, Castle Theatre, Hart Theatre, New Orpheum Theatre
Originally opened in 1906 as the Marion Family Theatre, presenting vaudeville. In August 1909 it was renamed Orpheum Theatre presenting Sun-Murray vaudeville. In 1910 it became the Sun Theatre and by December 1911 films were part of the vaudeville program. From 1913 to 1915 it became the Family Theatre, then briefly the Castle Theatre showing movies only.
From November 8 1915 it was the Hart Theatre which operated as a playhouse and closed in 1919. On June 23, 1919 it became the New Orpheum Theatre presenting vaudeville and the movie “The Source” starring Wallace Reid. The New Orpheum Theatre was closed in 1931.
The State Theatre was opened in May 1931 and was remodelled in September 1931, it was now operating as a full time movie theatre. Further renovations were carried out in 1935. The State Theatre was closed in 1957.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.