5657 Stockton Boulevard,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Architects: Herbert E. Goodpastor
The Manor Theatre opened on October 15, 1948 with June Haver in “Scudda Hoo! Scudda Hay!”. It was located in the Fruitridge Shopping Center at Stockton Boulevards and Fruitridge Road, in Sacramento’s Fruitridge Manor district. The theatre was set back from the street behind a parking lot. Although the auditorium was in a quonset hut building, the front of the theatre was designed in a western ranch style, to match the other buildings in the center.
In lieu of a marquee, the Manor Theatre had a two-sided attraction board rising from a brick planter that extended from the front of the building. The entrance doors opened onto an extension of the shopping center’s covered walkway, which was supported by round, wooden columns. Rustic features of the interior included lobby paneling of combed plywood, painted antique green with gold highlights.
The Manor Theatre was designed by Sacramento architect Herbert E. Goodpastor, who had also designed the Colonial Theatre a couple of miles north on Stockton Boulevard.
The theatre spent its last years operating as an XXX Rated adult theatre and was closed in 1988. The building was still equipped to show movies when the business was offered for sale in the classified section of several issues of Boxoffice Magazine early that year.
In 2017 the building is in use as a FedEx shipping center.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.