No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Pavilion Super Cinema
In Chelmsford, Essex, the Pavilion Super Cinema was built and opened in 1920. In 1921 it was owned by John Norton & Son, in 1922 by Mr. Dawson, by 1928 by Mr. M. Hull and by 1937 by Mr. C. A. James. Structural alterations and improvements were made to the interior and front façade during the 1930’s, when it became simply the Pavilion Cinema.
In the latter part of its life, and by 1955, it was owned by Mr. F. J. Partner, who also owned the town’s Select Cinema. It eventually closed in June 1988 and stood empty before being converted into ‘Laser Quest’, an indoor laser game centre. That opened on 9th April 1993 but only lasted a short time, and the building was converted into a nightclub, Zeus, in 1994. The building was demolished in 2007; flats and a new nightclub now occupy the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.