300 S. Grand Avenue,
1 person favorited this theater
The original Vegas Drive-In, owned by Gus Daskalos and Steve Nitse, operated 1950-58 on the north side of Las Vegas. On June 8, 1960, an advertisement appeared in the Las Vegas Daily Optic for the Vegas Drive-In, “south on Highway 85,” owned by Matias Martinez, the name of a local grocery owner. Its final advertisement in the Daily Optic was on October 14 that year.
In April 1961, the second Vegas Drive-In made regional news after winds knocked down its screen. Arthur Martinez, son of the owner, estimated the loss at $8,000. There’s no evidence that the drive-in ever reopened. Its relation to the first Vegas Drive-In, if any, is undocumented.
An aerial photo taken in August 1960 placed the drive-in at 300 S. Grand Avenue, with a size close to that of the first Vegas Drive-In. It was completely gone by a 1981 aerial, and nothing remains of it today.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.