Tilton Square Theatre
331 Tilton Road,
7 people favorited this theater
Square Theatres (Official)
Operated by: Square Theatres
Previously operated by: Frank Theatres
Firms: Thalheimer & Weitz
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Styles: Streamline Moderne
Previous Names: Tilton Theatre, Tilton Twin Theatre, Tilton 9 Theatre
News About This Theater
- Jan 3, 2012 — Tilton 9 to close at end of month for renovations
- Jan 19, 2011 — Frank Theatres acquires Tilton 9
- Dec 6, 2010 — Tilton 9 Theatre Retro Nite: December 17th, The Princess Bride
- Oct 28, 2010 — Underbelly presents "Trailer Trash"
- Sep 7, 2010 — Zombies Zombies Zombies at the Tilton 9
- Jun 30, 2010 — "Trailer Trash" at the Tilton 9
- Jun 10, 2010 — Underbelly @ Ghostbusters video, sold out show sparks classics
- Jun 8, 2010 — "Back to the Future" at Tilton 9
- May 17, 2010 — The tilton 9 asks, "WHO YA GONNA CALL?"
- Apr 13, 2010 — Tilton 9 presents "Raiders of the Lost Ark"
The Tilton Theatre was opened on December 23, 1965 with Sean Connery in “Thunderball”. It was twinned on December 24, 1976. On June 17, 1988 it had six screens. It was expanded to nine screens on November 6, 1998 when the original screen which had been twinned was reverted back to a single screen as an IMAX theatre. Located in the Tilton Shopping Center on Tilton Road just 15 miles from Atlantic City. The theatre is a squared cinder block building with the front painted red and a small flat marquee over the entrance.
The nine auditoriums are comfortable and clean but small. An IMAX screen was added and the number of screens was reduced to 8-screens. The total seating capacity was 2,150. The theatre was awarded favorite theatre for 2004 by the Atlantic Press. It was closed by Frank Theatres in September 2018. It was taken over by Square Theatres and reopened as the Tilton Square Theatre on April 23, 2019. It now operates with 8-screens and a seating capacity on 1,089.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.