Landmark Theatres Sunset
8000 W. Sunset Boulevard,
17 people favorited this theater
Landmark Theatres(USA) (Official)
Operated by: Landmark Theatres (USA)
Firms: Oculus Architecture
Previous Names: Laemmle's Sunset 5 Theatres, Sundance Cinemas Sunset 5, AMC Dine-In Sunset 5, AMC Sunset 5
News About This Theater
- Aug 16, 2014 — Alamo Drafthouse announces first L.A. location
- Aug 4, 2012 — Sundance Cinemas to open in late August
- Dec 19, 2011 — L.A.'s art house theaters squeezed by growing competition
- Nov 6, 2011 — Sundance Cinemas widening its reach
- Jun 29, 2007 — Sharing Cinema
- Nov 17, 2006 — The Mainstream/Indy Theater
Located in the north of West Hollywood. This theatre is one of L.A.’s most popular independent film theatres. It opened on August 21, 1992 with a seating capacity for 1,118, and was closed by Laemmle on November 29, 2011 when it had a seating capacity for 836.
It was taken over by Sundance Cinemas who refurbished the building and reopened on August 31, 2012, now with a reduced seating capacity of 606. In April 2017 it was renamed AMC Dine-In Sunset 5 and by January 2019 it was renamed AMC Sunset 5. It was taken over by Landmark Theatres in February 2023, but was still open as the AMC Sunset 5 until it closed on April 19, 2023. It reopened on June 15, 2023 as the Landmark Theatres Sunset.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.