375 Smith Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Functions: Auto Repair Shop
Previous Names: Annette Theatre
Small theatre located on Smith Street at 3rd Street. Joseph Gibbons opened an Annette Theatre in 1913. It was not listed in the 1914-1915 edition of American Motion Picture Directory, so may have been a live theatre. The Court Theatre was opened around 1922. A Robert Morton organ was installed in 1923. It was closed in 1929, but in January 1931 architect John Busch made plans to enlarge the space at the back of the screen to accomodate speakers when sound equipment was installed. This seems to have been a short lived venture, as the Court Theatre was closed later in 1931.
Currently operating as an auto repair garage, yet the building still looks very much like an old movie theater. Plans to close the auto repair garage were announced in January 2019. The building will be demolished to build apartments.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.