65 The Broadway,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Chesham Palace Cinema, Palace Cinema
Located in the centre of Chesham, Buckinghamshire. The Chesham Palace Cinema was opened on 26th June 1914. Seating was provided in stalls and circle levels. It had an 18 feet wide proscenium, a 14 feet deep stage, and two dressing rooms.
In 1930, it was re-named Astoria Cinema and it was equipped with a Western Electric(WE) sound system. By 1934 it was operated by Lou Morris. By 1938, it was operated by the Shipman & King circuit. S & K operated the Astoria Cinema until it closed on 23rd May 1959 with James Cagney in “Never Steal Anything Small” and Audie Murphy in “No Name on the Bullet”.
It was taken over by the London Co-Operative Society as a furniture store until 1981. In recent years, the façade has been rebuilt, and now with a glazed frontage, it operates as a Superdrug store.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.