23 Germain Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Shipman & King Cinemas Ltd.
Architects: David Evelyn Nye
Styles: Art Deco
Located in Chesham, Buckinghamshire. The Embassy Cinema was built for and operated by the Shipman & King circuit. It was opened on 11th January 1937 with Shirley Temple in “Poor Little Rich Girl”. Seating was provided in stalls and circle levels. There was a café located in the circle foyer. Interior decorations were carried out by noted cinema interior designer Michael Egan of the architectural firm Mollo & Egan. In 1940 the front of the Embassy Cinema received some blast damage from German bombs.
The Embassy Cinema was last operated by Thorne-EMI, who had taken over the Shipman & King circuit. They closed the cinema on 24th April 1982 with Peter Ustinov in “Evil Under the Sun”. It was demolished in June 1983 and retirement flats named Townbridge Court has been built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.