Lilla Nygatan 2,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The building dates from the mid-1850’s, and was converted into the 1,022-seat Palladium Cinema, with interior designs by Erik Friberger. It opened on 14th August 1919. The auditorium ceiling has a painting by artist Gunnar Erik Strom, depicting ‘a victory procession of film around the world’.
In 1960, the Palladium was equipped with Cinemiracle, using a 3-projector system, it presented “Windjammer” for 18 weeks.
In 1975 a second auditorium, the Lilla Palladium(Little Palladium) was opened on the first floor of the building. This had 69 seats and was designed by architect Lennart Clemens. An unusual feature was the curtain which was a wall of mirrors, so the audience could see themselves. When the film was about to begin, a screen rolled down in front of the mirror curtain. The Lilla Palladium was closed in 1996.
The Palladium Cinema continued to be operated by SF for many years. It had closed by 2015 and is now a clothing store.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.