No one has favorited this theater yet
Functions: Auto Repair Shop
In the village of Brymbo, to the east of Wrexham, the Cinema was built near the Queen’s Head public house by the Grainger family.
It is not known when it opened. It was not listed in the 1914 Kinematograph Year Book, but was in the 1931 edition. By that time it was owned by A. Davies. It might well be that he was the original owner; he was also the owner in 1953. It was equipped with a Morrison sound system.
The Cinema survived bomb damage during World War II during a screening of “Tell No Tales” starring Melvyn Douglas, and Joan Crawford and James Stewart in “Ice Follies of 1939”.
The Cinema was still open in 1966, but was later closed and was used as a village hall.
At some stage, the frontage, with projection room above, was removed. The remainder of the building became home to Queens Cross Garage.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.