No one has favorited this theater yet
Omniplex Cinemas (Official)
Operated by: Omniplex Cinemas
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Previous Names: Ormond Cinema, Ormond Cineplex
Located in Nenagh, County Tipperary. The Ormond Cinema was screening films by 1928 and was originally run by Willie Moloney. It had 250 seats and an Electro Reproduction, later AWH, sound system installed. This was not one of the chain of Ormonde cinemas run by the Kavanaghs. It closed in February 1952 when the employees were given their cards and was being used as warehouse by 1976. The building was reconstructed and reopened by Edward Gleeson on Easter Sunday 1986 as a twin-screen cinema. On 1st July 2007 the cinema closed for conversion to a four-screen house and reopened again on 13th December the same year. There is a self-service concession area in the foyer and the cinema caters for parties and other special occasions.
It was taken over by Omniplex on 31st January 2020. It was closed for renovations on 11th November 2021 and reopened on 17th December 2021.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.