Garrick Picture House
Westminster Road and Foley Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
No theaters found within 30 miles
Located the north Liverpool district of Kirkdale. The Garrick Picture House was opened on 7th January 1916. It was built for and operated by the W. Gordon circuit. On 8th April 1929 a sound-on-disc system was installed and on 26th May 1930 a Western Electric(WE) sound system was installed with the film “The Desert Song” starring John Boles.
In May 1933 it was leased to the Regent Circuit (a subsidiary of Associated British Cinemas(ABC) and they purchased the cinema in December 1933. In May 1934 it was taken over by the Liverpool based Regent Enterprises Ltd. chain. In March 1938 it was taken over by Southan Morris chain S.M. Super Cinemas Ltd. In October 1954 the Newcastle based Essoldo circuit took over.
The Garrick Cinema was closed on 14th March 1959 with Glenn Ford in “Lust for Gold” & Dick Powell in “To the Ends of the Earth”. It was later demolished and housing was built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.