326 Monroe Street,
9 people favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Warner Bros. Circuit Management Corp.
Architects: Abram Preiskel
Previous Names: Capitol Cinema
The Capitol Theatre was large, with all of its 3,866 seats on one floor. The Capitol Theatre was opened on October 7, 1921 with two sell-out concerts featuring the U.S. Marine Band raising funds for a High School organ. By 1930, the Capitol Theatre was operated by Warner Bros. Circuit Management Corp.
Many decades later a rock promoter took over the Capitol Theatre and had to refurbish the stage, dressing rooms and other facilities, which he accomplished by buying an adjacent building. To earn more money, the promoter used the Capitol Theatre for rock concerts at night, and from April 6, 1973 ran XXX movies during the day as the Capitol Cinema.
The Capitol Theatre closed in 1986, and was put up for sale. Soon afterwards, it suffered from a fire and was demolished.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.