Admiral Twin Drive-In
7355 E. Easton Street,
8 people favorited this theater
Select Cinemas (Official)
Operated by: Select Cinemas
Previously operated by: General Cinema Corp.
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Previous Names: Modernaire Drive-In, Admiral Drive-In
News About This Theater
- Sep 10, 2010 — Admiral Twin Drive-In Screens May Be Rebuilt
- Sep 4, 2010 — Admiral Twin Drive-In Consumed by Fire
- Jun 13, 2005 — Tulsa's Admiral Twin Drive-In Wins Hampton Inn Contest
Opened on May 24, 1951 with Rod Cameron in “Oh! Susannah” as the Modernaire Drive-In with a capacity of 700 cars. On June 19, 1952 it was renamed Admiral Drive-In. It was originally a single screen but a second screen was added in May 1955 increasing the car capacity to 1,350. In 1966 it was taken over by General Cinema.
At the time of the twinning it took on the name of the Admiral Twin Drive-In.
The west screen features pole speakers and radio while the east screen is radio sound only. The drive-in plays double bills on both screens.
The drive-in was destroyed by a fire on September 2, 2010. Funds were raised to rebuild the screens, and the Admiral Twin Drive-In re-opened on June 15, 2012.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.