51 High Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Aldeburgh Cinema (Official)
Functions: Live Performances, Movies (Classic), Movies (Family), Movies (First Run), Movies (Independent)
Styles: Tudor Revival
Previous Names: Picture House
The Picture House opened in 1924 with seating for 400, all on a single floor. The foyer and street frontage are within an original 18th century half-timbered building. The auditorium was a new-build in 1924.
The cinema was closed for a month in the Spring of 2007 for a 30,000 GB Pound re-furbishment. It has an art gallery located on the first floor, in a former office space. It is operated by a private limited company.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.
Recent comments (view all 3 comments)
The Aldeburgh Cinema at night, in September 2006:
A daytime view of the entrance in August 2007:
A street view in April 2006:
Auditorium/proscenium in June 2006:
Setting up for a live performance aa part of the Adleburgh Festival:
A view from the stage:
Two more older (1987) photos of the Aldeburgh Cinema here:–
Pictures taken in December 2009 (note the Xmas trees by the screen!), here:–