Leiston Film Theatre
74 High Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Leiston Film Theatre (Official)
Architects: Harold Ridley Hooper
Functions: Concerts, Live Theater, Movies (First Run)
Styles: Tudor Revival
Previous Names: Leiston Picture House
The Leiston Picture House opened on 27th October 1914 and it is the oldest operating cinema in the County of Suffolk. Originally the seating capacity was for 700. The facade of the cinema is designed in a half-timbered Tudor style.
When the Picture House was fitted for sound in 1933, the re-opening film starring Janet Gaynor "Sunny Side Up" was attended by British film star Anna Neagle and her husband producer Herbert Wilcox.
The cinema was renovated in the mid-1970’s and was re-named Leiston Film Theatre. Further improvements and re-furbishments have been carried out in 2001 and 2007. Occasional live theatre productions are also held in the theatre.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.
Recent comments (view all 1 comments)
This place is what cinema should be all about. Technologically up to date, but with character by the bucket-load.