Piazza di S. Lorenzo in Lucina 41,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Architects: Marcello Piacentini
Previous Names: Cinema Teatro Corso, Etoile Cine
In 1900, the Lumiere Brothers screened films in the Lux et Umbra, located in the courtyard of Palazzo Ruspolo Roe, overlooking the Via del Corso. In 1915 it had been such a success that work began on enlarging the building to the plans of famous architect Marcello Piacentini.
It opened with 1,300 seats in 1919 as the Cinema Teatro Corso. In later years it was known as the Etoile Cine and this closed in 1999.
By 2008, it had been refurbished and re-named Spazio Etoile, in use as a special events and conference venue. However this was not to last long, and the building was closed by 2009. In December 2009, work commenced to convert the building into a private club. Conversion work was continuing in July 2010. In 2012 it was converted into a Louis-Vuitton store. There are 19 cinema seats which shoppers can use to view short movies by renown directors.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.