56 boulevard de Rochechouart,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Aubert, Gaumont France
Architects: Henri Belloc, Auguste Stintzy
Styles: Art Deco, Art Nouveau
Located in the north of the city centre. The Palais Rochechouart was opened on 11th May, 1912 with 1,462-seats. It was designed in an Art Nouveau style by architect Auguste Stintzy. It was operated by the Aubert chain. It was reconstructed in November 1929 in an Art Deco style to the plans of architect Henri Belloc and the seating capacity was increased to 1,660. It reopened with Maurice Chevalier in “La Chanson de Paris” (Innocents of Paris). It was closed by Gaumont on 11th November 1969 with Gregory Peck in “L'Homme le plus Dangereux du Brute du Monde” (The Most Dangerous Man in the World). It went over to retail use selling Caribbean products before becoming a household appliance store.
It has since been demolished and a building containing retail and apartments has been built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.