No one has favorited this theater yet
Functions: Movies (Classic)
Previous Names: Bio Konvikt
In Prague city centre, Kino Ponrepo is housed in the historic refectory of the former Konvikt Hall, which became one of the city’s main cultural centres at the end of the 18th century and into the 19th century. Many prominent foreign and Czech music artists appeared, including Ludwig van Beethoven, Ferenc Liszt, Richard Wagner and Czech violin virtuosos Ferdinand Laub and Frantisek Ondricek.
In modern times, the hall was converted into a cinema, the Bio Konvikt. After 1945, Jiri Trnka’s puppet film studio occupied part of the building.
By the 1970’s, the whole complex was deteriorating, and a major reconstruction was called for. However, this was not completed until 1996.
Now called Kino Ponrepo, this is the National Film Archive cinema, where films are screened primarily from the NFA’s collections. Projection facilities include 35mm and 16mm film, and digital formats DCP, Blu-ray and DVD.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.