1297 Dunbarton Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Architects: James McKissack
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: Commodore Cinema
Located in the Scotstoun district to the west of the city centre. Built on the site of the Palladium Cinema (1910-1926). The Commodore Cinema was opened on 1st January 1933 by the George Singleton Cinemas circuit. The opening film was “Shanghai Express” starring Marlene Dietrich. It had a modern façade which was covered in ceramic tiles in bands of green, pink & cream. The interior was in an Art Deco style with maritime touches. It was sold to the Oscar Deutsch Odeon Cinemas Ltd. chain in September 1936 and was re-named Odeon on 24th June 1938.
The Odeon was closed on 25th November 1967 following damage to seating in a small fire. It was converted into a bingo club. Later closed, the vacant building was destroyed by fire on 19th August 1976 and was demolished later that year.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.